Monday, September 19, 2011

Why Not Now?

We've had numerous inspiring missions begun over at www.loopchange.com including people wanting to get in shape, wanting to quit television, reading the Bible in 90 days, drink more water, keep a journal, etc.

Now that we're beginning to gather some data, the thing I'm finding the most interesting is the large number of people who register for an account, and then never do anything with it.  They don't start a mission, they don't begin to encourage others in their mission (which is a great first step by the way), they just seem to disappear.

That's had me wondering a bit.  Are these people who want to start a mission, but just can't quite commit?  I know that I've often been faced with a wave of fear and anxiety when I've had to make a hard decision.  I think that's it.  I think it's pretty darn scary to actually admit out loud "I'm going to change X about myself."  It sure opens up an opportunity for a visible failure...

I suppose, in their head, people weigh their options.  Do I really want to change this?  How badly do I want to change this?  How hard is it going to be?  How much is the sacrifice going to hurt?  And those things lead them to say Nahhh, never mind.  I'll do it later.

But I think that is a mistake.  I think you are valuable enough that you are worth suffering for.  Yes, it's going to be hard.  Yes, there is a chance you might fail.  But don't let a little fear stop you from being the best 'you' that you can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment