Monday, February 6, 2012

Drink 64 Ounces of Water per Day

64 ounces = 1/2 Gallon

I want to continue summarizing some completed loopchange missions and today I will be taking a look at 'Woody' and his mission to drink 64 ounces of water per day, for 21 straight days.  Woody really experienced some interesting benefits from drinking that water and successfully formed a habit that will likely stay with him for the rest of his life. 

Here was his initial mission:
    "Historically, I am a terrible, terrible water drinker. When I was drinking, it would not have been unusual if over the course of a day I drank 2 cups of coffee and had 2 beers and not a single other thing to drink. It would not be unusual for me to have nothing but a couple of swallows of water a day (plus coffee). Even when I've been involved with athletics and sweated a LOT, I still just didn't drink much water.

So beyond that, I've got kind of a constant problem with my sinuses. Could it be that I don't drink enough water to keep my sinuses working properly?"


Interestingly, for the first four days, Woody was feeling somewhat nauseated.  Weird!  (after doing a bit of internet research and having some fellow loopchangers chime in with their experience, it would appear that it is normal to experience some stomach discomfort when significantly increasing your water intake).  Anyway, that cleared up in short order and Woody continued on with his mission.

By Day 9, (of drinking the 64 ounces most days) Woody realized that his sinuses were as clear as they had been in years!  He also felt like his sleep at night was deeper and more restful than it had been in a long time.  Just 9 days in and Woody has become some kind of "Water is a miracle cure-all" guy.  


His final update for this mission was on his day 26 when he wrote:
"I actually have noticed TREMENDOUS differences. Keep in mind; I've gone from ~2 ounces of water per day (or less) getting all of my liquid from coffee, fruit or alcohol (not lately) to 64 ounces of water per day.

- My sinuses haven't ever been this clear. I can breathe GREAT out of both nostrils which is unheard of for me
- When I blow my nose; stuff comes out (which is incredibly strange for me)
- I'm sleeping better, deeper and dreaming more - (no idea if this is related - but the timing seems to indicate it is)

I am 100% going to continue on focusing on drinking the water. Thanks loopchangers, for the kind words along the way!"

Pretty interesting stuff.  Is it really possible that someone could see such massive results in only 9 days?  If anyone out there is currently depriving themselves of water and is interested in giving this a try, please let us know the results!

You can view Woody's mission here: http://www.loopchange.com/MissionDetail-5_97_loopchange-Drink-64-Oz-Water--Day

You can view all the current and past loopchange missions at: www.loopchange.com

No comments:

Post a Comment